Monday 15 September 2008

Back from Memory Lane

Hi

Just got back from a nostalgic trip to my old home town of Reading.

I met up with two of the boys I used to hang around with as a teenager.  I went to Nick's house, and sitting around his kitchen table in Earley while his mum watched the telly in the lounge it was hard to believe that so many years had passed by.....  It all looked just as I remembered it... only we have aged and experienced life somewhat now...

Peter took me back to Coley Ave to see the house I used to live in when I first left home in 1981 - it looks grander than I remembered, but I only got to live in one floor of it... and that was shared with two other girls and various insects (usually the large 8 legged variety) and rodents...

We then went into Reading town centre and had fun trying to work out where some of the places we used to frequent had been - we think we located the Cadena Coffee  House and the toy shop, but couldn't be sure...

I'm back again next weekend for another playback training session, so might take a walk round the roads in Earley to see where I was born (literally) and how much it has changed....

Must be something to do with my age, this need for nostalgia, but it seems to be helping!








2 comments:

Sian said...

Nostalgia sounds like an illness to me - too close to neuralgia maybe.

Glad you had a nice time anyway

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Dreadful word, I realize, but it can be a rewardind experience and I hope you find it so!

All the best, from both of us!